Here’s a simple chive aioli recipe you can make to complement your homemade burger patties. Be it beef, chicken, lamb, fish, or veggies, your patties will never taste the same way again once you add this tasty aioli.
Horseradish Chive Aioli
Burger patties taste better with the right sauce. Here is a very simple horseradish chive aioli you can make for your next homemade burger meals.
- 1 large egg yolk pastured
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup canola or extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon prepared horseradish or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon chives chopped
- 1 small bunch parsley for garnish
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Add the egg yolk, mustard, and lemon juice to a blender and blend until combined to make the aioli. With the motor running at medium speed, very slowly drizzle in the olive oil. The olive oil should be poured in at a dribble at first, just a few drops at a time, and continue in a very slow, thin stream.
- Blend until the mixture is creamy and emulsified. Pour the mayonnaise out of the blender and fold in the prepared horseradish and chopped chives. Add parsley for garnishing.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until you’re ready to eat. (The mixture may get thicker as it chills. Consume any leftover aioli within a week.)
Calories: 517kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 1gFat: 57gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 16gMonounsaturated Fat: 36gTrans Fat: 0.2gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 64mgPotassium: 96mgFiber: 1gSugar: 0.3gVitamin A: 1276IUVitamin C: 21mgCalcium: 28mgIron: 1mg
Have you tried this recipe?Let us know what you think!