I wanted to kick off the month by making a yummy yet filling lunch. I was at the grocery store and decided I needed to buy more meat besides chicken, so I purchased turkey burgers! These had peppers, tomatoes and spices already mixed into the meat, which means less work for me.
These turkey burgers have a good amount of protein and are a bit high in fat, but most of it cooked out anyways, and if you limit fat throughout the rest of the day, you will be fine.
After buying these, I craved a nice healthy burger, so I got to work and made up a turkey burger recipe.
Southwestern Turkey Burgers With Guacamole
- ¼ pound turkey patty
- 1 medium burger bun
- ½ medium avocado
- ¼ cup sweet corn
- ¼ cup pepper diced, any colour you like
- ½ medium lime
- 1 big leaf green lettuce
- 2 big handfuls spinach
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 pinch chilli powder to taste
- 1 dollop tabasco to taste
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1 pinch pepper to taste
- First, turn on your oven (microwave oven or conventional) to broil.
- Place burger patty onto broiler pan lined with foil.
- When the oven is heated, place the burger into the oven and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- While your burger is cooking, it is time to make the guacamole.
- Cut up half of an avocado into chunks and smash with a fork until decently mashed in the bowl
- Add cooked corn, diced bell peppers, and squeeze half a lime into the bowl.
- Add in spices, Tabasco, salt and pepper to your liking.
- Mix all ingredients and let them chill in the fridge until the burger is done cooking.
- Toast the buns slightly. Then place a big leaf of green lettuce. Top with spinach.
- After the burger is done, put it on top of the lettuce and spinach.
- Top burger with guacamole.