Aloo Tikki burger is an Indian dish you’d surely love. It is liked by all the generation, including adults. In India, people want to have snacks in the evening, and the Aloo Tikki is one of the healthy snacks.
It is made with potatoes and other vegetables like green peas, tomatoes, onions and cucumber. It is effortless and straightforward to make. Aloo Tikki is an easy finger food that can be served as a brunch or starter.
- 2 1/2 cups of boiled and mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup of maida
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of jeera seeds
- 2 teaspoons of finely chopped lehsun
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup of boiled green peas
- 1 1/4 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of Haldi powder
- 1 teaspoon of dhania powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of chaat masala
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped dhania
- Salt to taste
- Bread crumbs for rolling
- Oil for deep-frying
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of red chilli sauce
- Add the maida and ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl and whisk well.
- Keep aside.
- Now heat the oil in a broad pan, add the jeera seeds, and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the garlic and onions and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the green peas and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Now add all the other remaining ingredients, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes while mashing it occasionally.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and shape each portion into a circle diameter tikki.
- Dip each Tikki in the maida-water mix and roll in the bread crumbs until evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and deep-fry each Tikki until it turns golden brown from both sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper and keep it aside.
- In a bowl and the mayonnaise, tomato ketchup and red chilli sauce and mix it well.