I love adding bacon into my burgers. At this point, who doesn’t? That’s why I whipped up this easy Gourmet BBQ Bacon Burgers that always make my day.
I also love the sauce mix. But, overall, it’s hard to go wrong with a regular burger and even harder to go wrong with the BBQ bacon burgers!
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce
- 4 bacon strips, cooked
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of dried minced onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of steak seasoning
- 1 pound of leanest ground beef
- 4 slices of Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns, halved
- Other hamburger toppings of your choice (tomatoes, lettuce, pickles, onions, etc.)
- Mix together the mayonnaise and barbecue sauce in a small bowl, then set aside (I did this while I cooked the bacon).
- In another bowl, combine the 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise mixture, onion and steak seasoning. Then add the ground beef and mix with your hands. Shape into four patties.
- Grill burgers over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until done, then add cheese and continue to grill for another 1-2 minutes.
- Top each burger with grilled bacon, a dollop of mayo mix, and a choice of greens.