So we promised you healthy recipes for autumn. Neither of us is big meat-eaters. I think that has something to do with the fact that we’d prefer something sweet over something savory any day. Even though we don’t eat much meat, our guys still like to eat meat; why can’t they love dessert as much as us? So, back to the point. So this whole not your ordinary turkey burgers idea started when our friend Sarah mentioned how she made them once with a packet of The Good Seasons Italian dressing mix.
Last night we built up the courage to give it a try. We added a little bit of this and a little bit of that, and low and behold, these came out fantastic!
Our guys are picky when it comes to their meat, but guess what? They gave them a 10! Maria’s husband even said, “When you told me you were making turkey burgers, I expected them to be gross, but these are awesome!”
We are so proud of ourselves, and you will be too when you give these not your ordinary turkey burgers a try! Even if you are a red meat lover, you will fall head over heels for these turkey burgers.
Not Your Ordinary Turkey Burgers
- 1 ¼ pound ground turkey
- 1 medium shallot chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ⅓ cup parsley
- 1 packet Italian dressing
- 1 handful lettuce for garnish
- 6 medium buns wholewheat and toasted
- Combine all ingredients together. Be sure not to over mix. Divide meat into 6 equal parts and form patties. We like ours on the thin side so that there is a 50/50 ratio of burger and bun.
- We grilled ours inside on a grill pan, but they would be even better grilled on the BBQ.
- Cook patties for a few minutes on each side until the centers are no longer pink. We covered our pan for the last few minutes to speed up the process.