I love fish and try to eat it at least a few times a week. Not only is it good for you, but it is also very versatile in how it can be prepared. These tilapia burgers are super flavorful and easy to prepare.
Bonus, they are done in about 20 minutes! These tilapia fish burgers are a healthy and easy way to incorporate more fish into your diet and make for an effortless weeknight meal. Let’s get started!
Want a healthier alternative for meat burgers you crave for? Try these Tilapia Burgers you can make to satisfy your cravings.
- 3 large Tilapia filets, or any fish
- ⅔ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 large egg both lightly beaten
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon Old Bay
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil for frying
- First, add the tilapia to a food processor and pulse until chopped.
- Next, transfer the chopped tilapia to a bowl. Add the eggs, Panko, garlic, mustard, and all seasonings to a bowl. Mix with a spoon until everything is combined.
- Then form the tilapia mixture into patties the size of the bun you will be using.
- Heat some oil over medium heat and add oil. Cook the patties (all 4 should fit in the pan at the same time) for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- After they are golden on both sides, place them on a paper-towel-lined plate to remove excess oil.
- Serve with your favourite toppings and side.
Calories: 353kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 29gFat: 22gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 11gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 888mgPotassium: 457mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 113IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 51mgIron: 2mg
Have you tried this recipe?Let us know what you think!