I love fish and try to eat it at least a few times a week. Not only is it good for you, but it is also very versatile in how it can be prepared. These tilapia burgers are super flavorful and easy to prepare.
Bonus, they are done in about 20 minutes! These tilapia fish burgers are a healthy and easy way to incorporate more fish into your diet and make for an effortless weeknight meal. Let’s get started!
- 3 medium-large size Tilapia filets (or any fish)
- 2/3 cup of Panko bread crumbs
- 1 large egg and 1 large egg white, both lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons of brown mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of Old Bay
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil for frying
- First, add the tilapia to a food processor and pulse until chopped.
- Next, transfer the chopped tilapia to a bowl. Add the eggs, Panko, garlic, mustard, and all seasonings to a bowl. Mix with a spoon until everything is combined.
- Then form the tilapia mixture into patties the size of the bun you will be using.
- Heat some oil over medium heat and add oil. Cook the patties (all 4 should fit in the pan at the same time) for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- After they are golden on both sides, place them on a paper-towel-lined plate to remove excess oil.
- Serve with your favourite toppings and side.