Want something different for your regular chicken sandwiches? Here’s a Korean fried chicken burger recipe you can try at home. It’s delicious and doesn’t require many unique ingredients. You can find Korean ingredients at your nearest supermarket.
Korean Fried Chicken Burgers
Korean cuisine is a must-try for me. That's why I developed the penchant for cooking Korean versions of regular meals like this Korean Fried Chicken Burgers.
- 4 medium skinless boneless chicken thighs fillet
- 1 huge piece ginger carefully grated
- ½ cup corn flour
- 1 small bottle vegetable oil for frying
- 6 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Korean chilli paste gochujang
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 large garlic cloves squashed
- 1 small ginger grated
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
Kimchi-Style Slaw Ingredients
- ½ small white cabbage finely sliced
- 1 small mooli shredded into slim strips
- 4 stalks spring onions finely sliced
- 2 small ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon golden caster sugar
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 pinch chilli powder very hot
- 1 small little gem lettuce divided right into leaves
- 4 medium brioche or sesame seed burger buns, split and also gently toasted
- Make the slaw by incorporating all the active ingredients together. Taste and include even more chilli powder if you like it spicy. Chill in the fridge.
- To make the sauce, place all the active ingredients in a pan and simmer gently till syrupy. Take off the warmth and also set aside.
- Cut away any fatty excess from the chicken thighs; after that, season with salt, pepper, and grated ginger. Throw the poultry with the cornflour till completely covered.
- Heat about 2 centimetres of vegetable oil in a big frypan. Fry the chicken fillet for approximately 4 to 5 minutes on each side until crisp. Get rid of the fat into cooking area paper and cool down a little for 2 minutes. Then re-fry in the hot oil up until ultra-crisp, and also, you can hear it crackle. Remove to cooking area paper to drain.
- Reheat the sauce. Assemble your cheeseburgers by positioning some lettuce and kimchi slaw on the base of a bun, following with the crispy poultry and drizzle over the sticky sauce.
Calories: 426kcalCarbohydrates: 47gProtein: 30gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0.04gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 728mgPotassium: 942mgFiber: 6gSugar: 27gVitamin A: 692IUVitamin C: 58mgCalcium: 139mgIron: 3mg
Have you tried this recipe?Let us know what you think!