My Turkey Burger Sliders with Air-Fried Pickles recipe came about due to a craving. If anyone else can relate to that desire for a juicy burger with something fried on the side, give this recipe a try! At under 400 calories for the entire plate, this is a much lighter take on sliders and fried pickles!
The sliders would make a great finger food to put out for guests when football season rolls around!
- 3 1/2 ounces of 93% lean ground turkey
- 5 ounces of sweet potato
- 1 ounce of red onion
- 1-2 tablespoons of mustard
- 1/2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- Butter spray
- Onion powder to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- BBQ seasoning
- 4-6 pickle spheres
- 4 grams of flour of choice
- 5 grams of nutritional yeast seasoning
- Slider buns
Air-Fried Pickle Spheres Instructions
- Lay your pickles out on a paper towel and lightly pat dry (they should retain some moisture, but they should not be dripping).
- On a plate, weigh out your ingredients, mix up with a fork, and evenly distribute on the bottom of the plate.
- Roll your pickles around the mixture on your plate until they are all evenly coated.
- Spray your air fryer basket lightly with pam, and evenly distribute your pickles. The sphere should all be lying flat in the basket and without overlapping. You can make them in batches if you’re using a small frier.
- When your basket goes up to about 400 Fahrenheit, set it on high and put the timer on for 10 minutes. After the time was up, flip them and cook for another 5 minutes. Your time may vary depending on which model air fryer you have, etc., so keep an eye on them and remove them out when they get crispy. You may need to give or take 5 minutes.
- Side note- if you don’t have an air-fryer, you can use an oven at high heat (475 degrees Fahrenheit) until crisp.
Turkey Burger Sliders
- Add your ground turkey, Worcestershire sauce, and heavy seasonings in a mixing bowl. Mix well, then roll into a ball, flatten onto a baking sheet covered in aluminium foil, sprayed with Pam. Determine how many turkey burgers you’ll need. Bake your burgers for 10 to 15 minutes, or until browned.
- Slice your onions, then once both your sweet potato rounds and turkey burgers are cooked, assemble the burger in between your buns with a bit of sliced red onion and mustard, and pierce with a toothpick to hold together.
- Plate, and enjoy!