Last weekend, I craved quinoa patties but saw a can of salmon lying on my countertop. So I thought, why don’t I add them in my patties? And as a result, I have created these quinoa and salmon patties.
You could easily substitute the tin salmon for some fresh, sustainable salmon. By the way, I’m having significant issues with fish and sustainability at the moment – anyone else? I feel comfortable with my free-range butcher, but where does one turn for fresh, sustainable, wild fish apart from this canned wild salmon (hardly my first choice)?
Nevertheless, I hope you love this quinoa and salmon patties recipe just as I do!
Quinoa and Salmon Patties
- ½ cup quinoa cooked
- 1 tin wild salmon 105 grams
- ½ medium onion chopped
- 2 medium potatoes chopped and cooked with quinoa
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 medium egg
- 2 sticks thyme fresh, leaves removed
- 3 sprigs parsley finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- Mash all ingredients, except oil, in a bowl.
- Make into about 10 to 15 balls and squash down.
- Place on a plate in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with salad and baked sweet potato.