My favourite way to make zucchini is to roast it with olive oil, salt, and pepper. It’s so simple and so delicious! This time though, I wanted to try something new and different. It definitely paid off! These zucchini quinoa patties are so good served over Jasmine rice for dinner.
It takes a little prep work, so I wouldn’t make these on a busy night, but it’s still easy enough for a slow weeknight.
Zucchini Quinoa Patties
- 2 cups zucchini shredded, moisture drained
- 2 cups quinoa cooked
- 1 medium egg
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ medium green bell peppers diced
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 medium lemon zest
- ½ medium lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil plus more for frying
- Grate zucchini. Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon of salt to help absorb moisture. Let zucchini sit in a colander to let moisture drain.
- If you are making rice to go with zucchini patties, start it now.
- If quinoa is not already cooked, start it now.
- In a skillet, combine peppers, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook until peppers are soft.
- In a large bowl, combine panko crumbs, parmesan cheese, and lemon zest. Next, add lemon juice, quinoa, and pepper. Last, add egg and grated zucchini. Mix together.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat the olive oil (just enough to coat the surface) in the same skillet you used for the peppers on medium-high heat. Roll the zucchini mixture into balls and then flatten between your palms. Place the patties into the skillet and cook until lightly browned on both sides. Remove from pan and place on a baking sheet.
- Once all patties have been fried, back for 15 minutes. Flip patties halfway through.
- Remove them from the oven and serve over rice (I prefer Jasmine rice) with chilled yogurt sauce on top.