I love a good juicy burger, especially one with some spice like this Indulgent Feta Jalapeño Burgers. Baking these first is the secret to keeping the turkey from drying out and finishing them with a sear on the stovetop in my favourite Lodge cast iron pan. Of course, we don’t eat a lot of cheese, but it is mostly feta, one of my favourites and compliments the jalapeño so well in these. They are so good as leftovers, too, so make a big batch and enjoy them this week!
Indulgent Feta Jalapeño Burgers
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons jalapeños chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- ¼ cup feta crumbled
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix all of the listed ingredients using your hands in a large mixing bowl.
- Form mixture into 6 patties and place on an oiled baking sheet.
- Bake for 19 to 22 minutes; some feta and juice may drip out.
- Remove from the oven and place into a heated, oiled cast iron pan.
- Sear on each side for 3 to 4 minutes until golden brown.