This Chicken Burgers With Apples and Maple Syrup recipe is fun because it uses flavours you don’t always find in a burger. And it has bacon. My kids, like some of the best humans I know, will eat almost anything that includes bacon. Everything is better with bacon. I hope you and your beautiful mob enjoy this recipe!
- 1 pound of organic ground chicken
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and shredded
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- ⅓ cup of a combo of coconut flour and shredded coconut
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- 4 to 6 slices of bacon, depending on how many burgers you shape
- Coconut oil for cooking
- In a pan, cook bacon thoroughly. Set it aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients except for the oil needed for cooking. The mixture is a bit messy.
- Shape 4 to 6 burgers, depending on how big you prefer your burgers.
- Melt coconut oil in a pan on your stovetop.
- Once the oil is melted, place your burgers into the pan.
- Halfway through cooking, flip burgers and cook thoroughly.
- When cooked thoroughly, remove burgers and garnish with bacon.