I created a beef patty with wheatgerm, caramelised onions, and carrots in the hopes of making a unique recipe for burgers. We don’t use any salt or seasoning, only relying on the natural flavours from the ingredients. The onions and carrots add sweetness and texture to the patty, which could otherwise be dry and one dimensional.
This recipe is good for everyone, even for teething babies!
- 200 grams of grind or mince lean beef
- 1/4 cup of finely diced onion
- 1/4 cup of finely diced carrots
- 1 tablespoon of cooked quinoa
- Caramelise the onions in olive oil until brown.
- Heap a tablespoon of cooked quinoa.
- Poach the diced carrots until semi-soft for about 10 minutes.
- With your bare hands, combine and mix all the ingredients together, then form small meatballs, about 2 centimetres in diameter.
- On a plate, sprinkle the Wheatgerm, place one meatball, and slowly press it flat to form a round patty and cover with Wheatgerm.
- Cling wrap each portion (2 patties per meal) and freeze).
- To cook, place on baking pan, drizzle olive oil, and bake for 15 minutes, turning after 10 minutes.