I love Teriyaki Sauce. I love it on salmon. I love it on chicken. I love it on stir-fry. And I love it on burgers!
I don’t love all the extras in bottled sauce on the grocery store shelf. So I thought I should just make my own teriyaki sauce recipe.
All in all, making my own seems like a pretty brilliant idea.
And you know what? It was effortless, just like salad dressing. I don’t understand why condiments are so intimidating. The more I make them, the more I realize I don’t even need to hit that aisle when shopping. Our food is just getting better and better.
- 1/2 cup of Sake
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 cup of cold water
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- Combine Sake, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, garlic and ginger in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to boil.
- In the meantime, combine water and cornstarch. When the Sake mixture starts to boil, add cornstarch mixture. Continue boiling until desired consistency.
- Let cool before serving with your favourite burgers.