Dill pickle mayo is savoury spreadable heaven for your next sandwich. I just made an epic chicken sandwich, and my dill pickle mayo sauce made it irresistible. I’ll blog on that whole sandwich soon. For now, though, this is all about the sauce!
I made this sauce one night quite a few years back. My wife and I had some plain chicken to grill, a salad and a loaf of bread. I quickly scanned the fridge and came up with some other toppings, mayonnaise, dill and onion. It was kind of like getting your basket on Chopped. Well, I would have won this round of Chopped because the sauce I came up with made our bleak-looking dinner into something quite delicious, and we’ve made it over again and again!
Tangy Dill Pickle Mayo Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small lemon juice
- 3 splashes red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dill finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons purple onion finely chopped
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
- Just mix everything together. If you like it more runny, then add more lemon juice or vinegar. If you want the sauce more creamy, then add more mayo.
- Enjoy and use the sauce as you will!