I love the taste of fish, but sometimes its fishiness just gets a little overwhelming for me. The good thing is, I have made a salmon patties recipe that doesn’t have an overpowering fishiness.
Enjoy the simple recipe below!
Salmon patties are perfect when you want a fish burger without the fishy after taste. Here's a simple recipe you can make at home.
- 2 pouches pink salmon 5-ounce each
- ½ cup yellow onion minced
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 1 medium egg beaten
- 6 slices wheat bread cubed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- In a mixing bowl, combine onions, mayonnaise, lime juice, garlic, and cayenne pepper.
- Stir in salmon, egg and cubed bread, make sure all are combined well.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- On a plate, put the breadcrumbs.
- Make 9 even balls of salmon mixture and arrange them on another plate. Then take each ball, roll in the breadcrumbs and flatten to about ½-inch patties.
- Place on a griddle that has been heated to medium heat with the olive oil on it.
- Fry for 4 minutes, then turn each patty and cook an additional 4 minutes.
- After both sides are browned, turn patties again and add half the butter to the griddle in tiny portions, so all the patties have butter on them. Cook for an additional 2 minutes, turn and repeat, so both sides are golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
Calories: 185kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 2gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0.2gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 169mgPotassium: 44mgFiber: 0.5gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 199IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 20mgIron: 1mg
Did you give this recipe a whirl?We’re all ears to hear about your results!