I hope you enjoy preparing this bad boy at home just like I did!
- 2 tablespoons of butter, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds of lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 small Vidalia onion, peeled, sliced into rings and separated
- 6 slices of cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, cut into 6 slices
- 6 hamburger buns, toasted
- Melt butter in the oven for about 30 to 60 seconds in a microwavable cup. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper and salt. Set aside.
- Put the ground beef in a large bowl and make a well in the centre of the meat. Pour in the butter and carefully mix with a large spoon or hands until the butter mix is combined evenly. Loosely form the beef mixture into 6 patties slightly wider than your buns. Do not overpack the beef. Set aside.
- Heat a large 12-inch nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Cook the 6 slices of bacon in batches, if needed, until crispy, flipping halfway through, about 7 minutes. Put bacon on paper towels to drain. Drain all but a tablespoon of the cooked bacon oil and return the pan to the stove.
- Saute the onion slices until translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes. They will likely pick up any black bits leftover from the bacon. Remove the bacon from the pan and allow drain on paper towels. Do not drain grease, if any, from the pan.
- Return skillet to med-high heat and add the burgers. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, flipping once halfway through until they reach medium doneness in the centre.
- During the last minute of cooking, add a slice of cheddar for each patty.
- To assemble the burgers, start with the bottom bun. Spread 1 tablespoon of burger sauce on the bottom bun and top with some shredded lettuce and a tomato slice. Add the cheese-topped patty, 1 slice of bacon torn in half, and some onions. Add the top bun and enjoy!
Did You Make This Recipe?
How you went with my recipes? Tag us on Instagram at @burgerrecipesinfo