This is what heaven is made of: an awesome and easy salmon burger topped with a sweet and savoury Dijon sauce. Forget about all the dudes saying: “Real burgers are made with beef.” No, they are not. Awesome burgers come in all shapes and flavours; this one happens to be the best salmon burger I have ever tasted.
Easy Salmon Burger
- 1 pound salmon fillet, skin removed
- 1 large egg free-range, or 1 flax egg
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1 pinch pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup bread crumbs
- 1 stalk green onion chopped
- 4 medium burger buns
- 1 leaf purple kale or any other kale you like.
- 1 medium apple
- 4 teaspoons Dijon sauce
- Cut your fillet into 8 pieces and put it in a food processor. Press the grind button 4 to 5 times for about 3 seconds each time. Be careful, salmon is a delicate meat, and it will turn into mush if you overwork it.
- Take your salmon out of the food processor, add the egg, green onions, salt, and pepper. The texture should be very sticky.
- Start adding your bread crumbs slowly while mixing until the mixture becomes thicker and malleable. If you need more breadcrumbs go ahead and add some. Be careful not to put too much; you will end up with a dry bready burger.
- Wet your hand lightly, and shape the patties.
- Heat a pan on medium heat, and cook on each side for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- While your patties are cooking, place your buns in your oven and toast them. Make sure that only the inside is toasted.
- Cut 4 apple slices and remove the core if needed.
- Break your kale leaf into pieces that are the same size as your bun.
- Stack up your burger in this order: bread, a little dollop of Dijon choice, kale, salmon patty, a slice of apple, a big dollop of Dijon sauce, bread.
- Serve and enjoy.