I believe that anything cooked in Southern-style makes any meal so much better. And today, I did it with this is Southern-style salmon patties.
I used salmon in cans, but you can definitely use fresh salmon fillets for much better taste.
- 2 5-ounce cans of salmon
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup of cornmeal
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon of Parsley
- 1 tablespoon of Garlic salt
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons of Brummel & Brown’s yogurt-based butter or Earth Balance for cooking
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until a thick batter forms.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Fry patties until browned on both sides, flipping halfway through.