I believe that anything cooked in Southern-style makes any meal so much better. And today, I did it with this is Southern-style salmon patties.
I used salmon in cans, but you can definitely use fresh salmon fillets for much better taste.
Southern-Style Salmon Patties
- 2 cans salmon 5-ounce each
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- 3 medium eggs
- ½ small onion finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1 pinch ground black pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons butter Brummel & Brown’s yogurt-based butter or Earth Balance for cooking
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until a thick batter forms.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Fry patties until browned on both sides, flipping halfway through.