I like pumpkins in my meals, and I recently tried adding them to my burger patties. They are easy to add to meals, and they cook quickly. You can try this pumpkin patties recipe that I love cooking for a healthy and less oily alternative to oily burgers.
- 1 cup of pumpkin, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 2-3 green chillies
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of dry mango powder
- In a pan, add a tiny amount of oil and small pieces of green chilli. Once it starts cracking, put on pumpkin cubes.
- Let it cook till it so that it can be easily mashed.
- Add salt, chilli powder and dry mango powder to the pumpkin when it gets cooked properly. Mix well.
- Then add mashed potatoes mix in a way that pumpkin blends with potatoes properly. Add salt according to taste and mix again.
- Once you get the flavour of all the masalas in this pumpkin-potato mixture, take the pan off the gas and keep it aside for a while.
- Make patties from the mixture by diving them into several portions. Give them a flat and round shape.
- Add little oil to the non-stick pan and heat it.
- Shallow-fry the patties on low flame till light brown in colour.
- Serve hot with ketchup.
For people who are health conscious, this is a perfect recipe for you as the patties are shallowly fried, that requires significantly less oil. So, eat without getting the nightmares of the weighing machine.