This Decadent Cherry Salsa Beef Burgers recipe is most definitely inspired by the recent hobbies that I’ve taken up; I’m en route to becoming salsa queen! It is so addictive I’ve even started to listen to bachata songs during my working day. It is summer season, so soak up the sun with a BBQ and jazz up your burgers with this sweet, tangy cherry salsa. Maybe a dance afterwards?
Cherries are loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds, making them a good recovery choice post-workout (this salsa would also go great with salmon, which always helps me recover) and protect you against diseases. Cherries also help you sleep better because they contain melatonin, a hormone that helps control your sleep-wake cycles, making this dish a great dinner choice.
I had Cherry Salsa Beef Burgers with a salad as I didn’t want anything too heavy. For a proper meal, add some sweet potato fries and a portion of peas. Yum!
Decadent Cherry Salsa Beef Burgers
- 500 grams ground beef lean
- 2 large eggs
- 300 grams cherries pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 bunch coriander finely chopped
- 120 grams red onion finely chopped
- 1 medium lime juice only
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- Crack the eggs into a cup and beat. Add the ground beef to the beaten egg, season with black pepper and pink Himalayan salt, then mash together and create 6 patties. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa by placing the cherries, coriander, red onion and lime juice into a bowl and toss together.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat.
- Place the patties and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until cooked through (alternatively, cook on a BBQ).
- Serve the burgers onto plates and top with the cherry salsa. Enjoy!