This sweet potato burger is for all the vegetarians out there. These days, I guess everyone has at least one friend or family member who is a vegetarian. While replacing meat or simply cutting it out is relatively easy in most recipes, some feature animal products as the main attraction. But fear not–a delicious patty can be made without beef or chicken as well.
Sweet potato is one of these options, I have sacrificed my 800 grams of vegetable to try to come up with a tasty combination. Enjoy this very tasty recipe for a vegetarian sweet potato burger.
- Brioche Bun Ingredients
- 250 grams of all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 grams of baking soda
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 50 ml of milk
- 40 ml of butter
- Amaranth topping
- Sweet Potato Patty Ingredients
- 400 grams of sweet potato
- 50 grams of onion
- 10 grams of garlic
- 125 grams of all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- Some butter
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Lemon zest
- Plant oil
- 1 avocado
Brioche Bun Instructions
- Combine 75 grams of flour with the baking soda.
- Combine egg, lemon juice, butter, 175 grams of flour and 50ml milk.
- Add flour-baking soda mixture to the rest. Knead thoroughly.
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius upper and lower heat.
- Divide into two equal parts. Press the dough flat and fold the edges into the middle. Proceed by forming a ball in your hand. Press it flat again.
- Whisk an egg and coat the bun with it. Add some popped amaranth.
- Put a baking dish filled with water at the bottom of the oven. Bake the buns until brown (about 15 to 20 minutes).
Sweet Potato Patty Ingredients
- Cut up the onion and garlic. Glaze them with some butter in a pan on medium heat.
- Peel a sweet potato, cut it into small cubes and cook it in a pot with salted water until soft (5 to 10 minutes.)
- Mash the sweet potato. Add the garlic, onions, 125 grams of flour, 1 egg, some lemon zest, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Knead and form 2 patties.
- Heat some plant oil and fry the patties until slightly brown (about 5 minutes.)
- Slice the avocado for topping.
- Add some Teriyaki sauce to the bottom bun. Add the patty and another layer of sauce. Add the avocado. Top off with the upper bun.