Say the word burger, and I imagine one of those big restaurant ones with cheddar, garlic-butter mushrooms, and crispy, breaded onion straws. I took my favourite onion recipe—the Magic Onion, and turned it into a quick and easy version for the stovetop burger. As a result, this magic onion burger is everything a burger and onion lover could wish for.
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons of salted butter
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- Burger Patty Ingredients
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 packet of onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Jack Daniels No. 7 Barbecue Sauce
- Ham (optional)
- Burger buns
- For the magic onion topper, start with dicing the onion.
- Cook it in a frying pan with the butter with the bouillon cube until onions are soft and starting to burn just a little bit.
- For the burger, mix all ingredients together and form it into patties. Form 4 to 6 burger patties. Make them large.
- Heat your skillet with some olive oil. Start cooking the burgers when the pan is hot enough.
- Cook according to your liking of doneness.
- Toast your buns.
- Prepare the buns by adding a choice of veggies, adding the burger, and topping it off with the cooked onions.
- Serve and enjoy!