These burgers are simple to make and versatile; eat them on a bun, over lettuce or by themselves!
Healthy Kale and Cannellini Bean Veggie Burgers
- 15 ounces cannellini beans
- 1 cup kale chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- ¾ cups white onion chopped
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium hamburger buns
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sauté chopped garlic, kale, and onion in a saucepan with 3 tablespoons of olive oil until kale is wilted and onions are soft and translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Take garlic, kale and onion mixture off the burner let cool while you begin the bean mixture.
- Drain and rinse cannellini beans.
- Pour beans into a mixing bowl and mash.
- Add breadcrumbs, parmesan, garlic powder, salt and pepper to mashed beans.
- Add egg, tomato paste and sautéed kale mixture to beans mixture. Combine.
- Spoon mixture onto an oiled baking sheet — use a remaining tablespoon of olive for this — and form into patties.
- Bake the veggie burgers for about 20 minutes, flipping them halfway through.