Everyone has their own special way of making their vision of the perfect burger. This is mine! It is a soft and juicy patty laying under a slice of cheddar, cooked spinach and caramelised onions. It’s best with a brioche bun. I have to say, this is the best homemade beef burger I have ever made!
Best Homemade Beef Burger
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 bag spinach
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 medium egg
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon Honey
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1 pinch pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- Air out the ground beef and add the egg, paprika, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, a dash of salt and pepper. Wash your hands and mix it all together.
- Separate the large ball of beef and mould it into 4 separate balls.
- Prep your board with flour so that the beef does not stick to your board or table while making the balls into burger patties.
- Set aside your patties and start preparing the spinach and onions. In a pan, pour the bag of spinach with a bit of olive oil and a pinch of salt and steam it (closing the airflow with a lid) until it is fully cooked.
- While the spinach is cooking, slice your onion in a way that keeps its rings.
- Once the spinach is cooked, set it aside in a separate bowl and use the same pan (or you can use another one) to start heating the onions with a bit of butter or olive oil. As the onions take a bit of time to soften, you can also start cooking the patties simultaneously. Butter up the pan and start grilling!
- Once the onions have softened and are yellow translucent, start marinating them with honey! I generally put around 3 tablespoons of honey per onion. Leave it on the stove until burgers are done.
- While cooking your burger, place a slice of cheddar cheese on each patty until it is melted.
- Start stacking up your burger! Cut up some tomatoes, too, for a fresh aspect to it!