I recently tried making use of adzuki beans and buckwheat in making patties. I have to be honest; I didn’t expect it to taste this good. I was surprised! Try these adzuki bean and buckwheat patties to see for yourself!
- 3/4 cup of aduki beans (pre-soaked overnight)
- 1/2 cup of buckwheat or quinoa (and then cooked, cooled
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 3-4 tablespoons of besan flour (chickpea flour)
- Sprigs of fresh basil
- Sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of dried coriander
- Cook and mash the adzuki beans, buckwheat and sweet potato. Leave aside to cool in a large bowl.
- Stir fry the onion, then garlic in a little olive oil and mix in the cumin and coriander. Add this to your bowl and stir through.
- Now add your grated carrot and zucchini, fresh herbs and eggs and mix together well.
- Add the flour, just 1 spoon at a time whilst mixing through to get the right consistency. You need the mixture to be able to hold together when dropped into the frying pan.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan, drop small egg-sized dollops into the pan, and flatten them with a spatula. Cook until slightly browned and then turn over to cook the other side.
- Serve hot with homemade fresh tomato sauce and natural yogurt, together with a nice fresh green organic salad.