This Quinoa-Amaranth Burger contains the following superfoods: quinoa, amaranth, tomato, and spinach. This is a healthy way to enjoy a healthy burger that will satisfy your craving for greasy burgers with fewer calories.
- Cooked amaranth: 1/2 cup of amaranth cooked in 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 cup Quinoa flakes
- Scallions, cut into thin slices
- A handful of green peas
- 1 flax egg
- 1-2 tomatoes
- A handful of fresh spinach
- Olive oil for frying
- Burger buns
- In a bowl, mix the cooked amaranth, the quinoa flakes, the scallions, the peas and the flax egg.
- Form patties. If you have time, chill them in the fridge a bit; it will help make them more “stable” to fry; if you don’t have time, no problem, you need to be more careful when you flip them over.
- Fry the patties in about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, fry on each side for about 5 minutes, medium heat, until you get a nice brown and crunchy crust.
- Sauté the spinach leaves very briefly.
- Cut the tomatoes into thin slices.
- Assemble your burger.