These days I try to find healthier versions of everything; even where cakes and biscuits are concerned, I will seek out the healthier versions. This homemade healthy mozzarella burger is one of them.
But, don’t get me wrong, even though I advocate healthy living, I will still indulge in not so healthy versions of recipes now and again. Why not, right? Life is too short to deprive yourself of every pleasure in life.
So for today’s post, I have a healthy burger recipe you should try.
- 500 grams of lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon of Soy Sauce
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon of oregano, parsley, basil, and garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of rosemary
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix all the listed ingredients until well incorporated.
- Form into 4 burgers.
- Place the burgers onto an oven sheet and cook in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- At 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit, turn halfway through the cooking time.
- Once out of the oven, it's up to you what you put it in. I tend to use gluten-free buns.
- Serve and enjoy!