It sounds like a lot of ingredients and work, but this is pretty simple. And you could quickly prep everything ahead of time and assemble the burgers later.
Dinner Veggie Burgers
- ¼ cup oats
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tablespoon sea salt
- ½ tablespoon dried thyme
- ¼ tablespoon freshly cracked pepper
- ½ tablespoon parsley
- 1 cup brussels sprouts stems removed
- 1 medium egg
- ¼ cup pepitas
- 1 medium block fresh parmesan cheese
- 4 medium burger buns of your choosing
- 1 small pack spinach
- Add oats and walnuts to food processor. Pulse for 10 seconds until nuts are finely chopped.
- Add chickpeas, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, parsley, egg. Mix 5 to 10 seconds until all ingredients are combined with a few small chunks.
- Add brussels sprouts and pepitas. Pulse 4 to 5 times until sprouts are shredded and incorporated.
- Form into 4 equal-size patties with wet hands.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Place patties onto the skillet, cook for 5 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Add a little bit of the freshly grated cheese to the top of each burger and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes until it melts.
- While burgers are cooking, cook sweet potatoes.
- Peel sweet potato, slice into ¼-inch thick rounds.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add coconut oil. Add sweet potatoes, sprinkling each side with salt, pepper and cinnamon. Cook 7 to 10 minutes until potatoes are golden brown.
- Plate by putting a few spinach leaves on the bun, top with burger, sweet potato rounds and cranberry sauce.