Want something really new for your burgers? Try these dinner veggie burgers topped with cranberry sauce. The sweetness and tanginess are so incredible–you’d forget you’re eating vegetables!
It sounds like a lot of ingredients and work, but this is pretty simple. And you could quickly prep everything ahead of time and assemble the burgers later.
Dinner Veggie Burgers
If you want to try something really new for your vegetable burgers, here's my dinner veggie burgers recipe that you'll surely love!
- ¼ cup oats
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tablespoon sea salt
- ½ tablespoon dried thyme
- ¼ tablespoon freshly cracked pepper
- ½ tablespoon parsley
- 1 cup brussels sprouts stems removed
- 1 medium egg
- ¼ cup pepitas
- 1 medium block fresh parmesan cheese
- 4 medium burger buns of your choosing
- 1 small pack spinach
- Add oats and walnuts to food processor. Pulse for 10 seconds until nuts are finely chopped.
- Add chickpeas, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, parsley, egg. Mix 5 to 10 seconds until all ingredients are combined with a few small chunks.
- Add brussels sprouts and pepitas. Pulse 4 to 5 times until sprouts are shredded and incorporated.
- Form into 4 equal-size patties with wet hands.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Place patties onto the skillet, cook for 5 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Add a little bit of the freshly grated cheese to the top of each burger and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes until it melts.
- While burgers are cooking, cook sweet potatoes.
- Peel sweet potato, slice into ¼-inch thick rounds.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add coconut oil. Add sweet potatoes, sprinkling each side with salt, pepper and cinnamon. Cook 7 to 10 minutes until potatoes are golden brown.
- Plate by putting a few spinach leaves on the bun, top with burger, sweet potato rounds and cranberry sauce.
Calories: 276kcalCarbohydrates: 29gProtein: 14gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 1219mgPotassium: 640mgFiber: 4gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 7099IUVitamin C: 41mgCalcium: 196mgIron: 5mg
Did you give this recipe a whirl?We’re all ears to hear about your results!