Do you love salmon? Your mouth will water when you see this fantastic zucchini-salmon burger we will make today. But don’t stop here; you can also make them at home in minutes. Fresh and natural ingredients are key in this easy recipe. The salmon burger can be cooked on a pan for 3 minutes per side or grilled in the oven or BBQ– it’s such a versatile fish, and it is always moist and tasty.
If you are new to salmon burgers, you have to try the complete zucchini-salmon burger with pickles, lettuce and a spoon of hummus and don’t forget the bun! We love to make them in bulk and have some in the fridge for a couple of days. Sometimes we go for the full version with the bun, but we just pair it with a green salad on the side and some homemade hummus, a healthy and delicious dinner.
- ½ medium zucchini
- 1 pound salmon fillets divided to ½ pound, skin removed & cubed
- 3 stalks spring onions minced
- ½ medium red onion minced
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup mint leaves, fresh
- ¼ cup dill fresh
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 large egg beaten
- ½ cup hummus
- Grate the zucchini and leave it in a bowl with a pinch of salt for 5 minutes. Then squeeze out the excess liquid, use a strainer if it’s still very wet.
- Add the grated zucchini, salmon cubes, spring onions, red onion, cumin, mint, dill and a pinch of salt to a bowl and mix gently.
- Add in the bread crumbs and the beaten egg, stir to combine until well-mixed. The mixture will be a bit sticky, but that’s fine.
- Divide the mixture into 4 balls, then press and mould them firmly with your hands. Place them on a plate with parchment paper.
- Lightly heat a nonstick pan over medium heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the salmon burgers and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side or until brown and crisp outside.
- Serve the burgers on your favourite buns or with a bit of salad and top it with some hummus.