Bring Shake Shack to your home with this simple recipe for a mushroom burger, and enjoy a meatless burger that can hold its own! This ‘shroom burger is pretty easy to do and tastes so delicious! Here’s the recipe I swear by.
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- Sprinkle of salt
- 1 tablespoon of chopped rosemary
- 1-1/2 teaspoon of steak seasoning (optional)
- 4 portabello mushroom caps, gills removed
- Burger buns, preferably whole-wheat
- 4 thick slices of onion
- 4 slices of reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 4 thin slices of tomato
- Lettuce or baby spinach
- 1 small red bell pepper
- Add spices, oil, and vinegar together.
- Cost the mushrooms fully, making sure they are well seasoned before grilling (allow 15-20 minutes for mushrooms to soak the flavour)
- Grill mushrooms for about 3 to 4 minutes
- Grill red peppers till blackened slightly.
- Mince the red pepper and use it as "spread" onto the sides of the burger bun
- Make your bun!
- Bun, mushroom, and top it with a slice of cheese, lettuce, onions and tomatoes!