Today’s Aromatic Cinnamon Pumpkin Black Bean Burgers recipe is a great way to bridge those days between summer and fall. The weather here has been all over the place – hot enough for shorts one day, cool enough for sweaters the next. So this meal idea is perfect for those days in-between. Summer veggie burgers meet fall flavours.
Yes, I somehow ended up with Cinnamon Pumpkin Black Bean Burgers. These little guys are super healthy and have a really great flavour.
Aromatic Cinnamon Pumpkin Black Bean Burgers
- 1 cup black beans if using canned, drain and rinse well
- ¼ cup pumpkin pureed
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put in your beans and pumpkin and whir around if you have a food processor. But if you don’t have a food pro, don’t worry.
- Just dump the beans into a bowl and mash with a fork. Add pumpkin and keep mashing.
- Ignore the repulsive grey colour.
- Add spices and mix again.
- Add oats until you get a consistency that will hold together in burger form.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, turning once or twice.