Today’s Aromatic Cinnamon Pumpkin Black Bean Burgers recipe is a great way to bridge those days between summer and fall. The weather here has been all over the place – hot enough for shorts one day, cool enough for sweaters the next. So this meal idea is perfect for those days in-between. Summer veggie burgers meet fall flavours.
Yes, I somehow ended up with Cinnamon Pumpkin Black Bean Burgers. These little guys are super healthy and have a really great flavour.
- 1 cup of black beans (if using canned, drain and rinse well)
- 1/4 cup of canned pureed pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder
- Chopped garlic clove, or 1 teaspoon of of pre-chopped garlic
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Put in your beans and pumpkin and whir around if you have a food processor. But if you don’t have a food pro, don’t worry. Just dump the beans into a bowl and mash with a fork. Add pumpkin and keep mashing. Ignore the repulsive grey colour. Add spices and mix again. Add oats until you get a consistency that will hold together in burger form.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, turning once or twice.