If you have any leftover walleye here is a great recipe it is Walleye fish burger. You may want to cook up some fresh walleye and let it cool down and make these purposely. This how to use up leftover or cooked walleye fillets is simple and delicious. Combine with the homemade tartar sauce and some fresh home fries and you have a delicious meal for lunch, dinner or as a snack. Healthy diets say to have fish 3 or 4 times per week, this recipe will be one of them.
- 1 ½ cups of cooked flaked walleye
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoon of water
- ½ cup of bread crumbs or cold mashed potatoes
- ¼ cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon of minced onion
- ½ teaspoon of thyme crushed
- 1 tablespoon of canola
- 1 cup of finely crushed Ritz crackers
- Lettuce leaves
- Tomato slices
- Dill pickle
- 4 hamburger buns
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix well the egg, water, bread crumbs or mashed potatoes, cheese, onion and thyme.
- Add the walleye flakes and mix into the crumbs.
- Shape the Walleye mixture into 4 patties about 1/2-inch thick.
- Pour the Ritz crackers on a plate, take each patty one at a time and set in crackers, coat both sides.
- Get Skillet and put oil in to coat bottom, get it hot on medium heat, when hot place walleye burgers in.
- Cook each side 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown. Be careful when turning, let them get golden.
- Serve on lettuce and tomato lined buns with tartar sauce.